So, we've been doing a lot of hiking and Backpacking this summer. The first two pictures were from when we went to Torrey/Capitol Reef, and we hiked Calf Creek Falls. It was an adventure. There were 7 adults, and 13 kids 10 and under! It ended up being a mile longer each way than we had expected, but we all survived (just barely). ;) The falls is very pretty, as you can see tho, and very popular.
The next weekend, Will and I did an overnight hike up Mount Timpanogas. Oh my goodness. This hike should never be done carrying 25 lbs on your back. It is pretty much all up hill, the whole way up, and then you get killed even more from coming down all of the downhill. Oh man, I have never been so sore, I couldn't walk up and down the stairs for a few days. Anyways, it was pretty and we had some visits from a herd of Mountain goats. Here's a few pics:
Only about a week and a half after that, Will and I went up into the Uintas for a two night stay. Although it was about 8-9 miles one way, this hike was much more doable and not so steep. We still needed a break every hour or so, but I wasn't totally exhausted. It was very nice to have two nights of rest before coming back down as well.
We made pizzas the first night:
Here's our camp site:
The first morning we were there, we did a little day hike up onto a ridge above the valley. It was a great view:
Pretty flowers:
And we each caught a fish! ;)
All in all it was a pretty fun trip, and a fun summer!











No comments:
Post a Comment