Friday, May 24, 2013

Before and After Corner Shelf

So, I did a little project a couple of weeks ago and I am now finally posting it since I took my final picture. My mom gave me this shelf she had because we really needed something in our living room, specifically to hold our 5 gallon fish tank that has been on our dining room TABLE! Anyways, when I got it, it had a very lovely paint job, I must say, from the 90's I am sure, and it was hiding anyways, so it didn't really matter, but here it is:


I decided to go with spray paint and was wanting to go for kind of a mahogany look, which wasn't completely possible with spray paint options, but I did like the end result anyhow. I finished it off with a shiny coat to give it a fancier look, so here is the end result:





Not too bad, right? Now, to figure out what to do with my lovely wood paneled wall...? Oh, and we just got these couches from a neighbor, they aren't too bad, especially considering they were free, and all we had in here before was a love seat, and a rocking chair pretty much. Anyways, it is finally coming together after only a year! Ha, maybe in 10 we will finally get it all in order?

No comments:

Post a Comment